After spending the day with my kiddos, walking w/ a friend, and having a girls' night out, I'm left with such reflective thoughts. I became a stay at home mom in May when I went on maternity leave, though I didn't really experience the stay at home by myself until Keith went back to work in August. There is much to post and catch up on, so before I start blogging about all my reflectiveness, let me tell you about my boys.
Joshua turned 2 in June, three weeks to the day after his little brother was born. So now he's almost 2 and a half, and he's the best little big boy ever! He is newly potty trained (meaning we still have mess ups sometimes!) and got a new big boy bed on Friday. He still loves to read and play with vacuums, and now he loves to watch Elmo. Joshua is getting better every day at communicating!
Caleb was born on June 7th, so in roughly 2 hours he'll be 6 months old. He coos, buzzes, drools, sleeps, eats, and rolls over. He's the sweetest little guy ever, and what a talker!! We had a rough couple of months at the beginning, but he has turned out to be such a good baby. We're so blessed.
As mentioned above, after maternity leave, we decided I'd stay at home. We finally sold our house, and we now live in an apartment. We're hoping to move to a house soon so that we can have a yard to play in and a neighborhood to walk in. The last 6 months have been an adventure and an adjustment. God is so good, because without Him, my staying at home would be just a dream.
My dear hubby is still working hard. His band is growing more and more every year, and he is reaping the benefits of being a hard worker. Keith is so good about spending time with his boys, too. Whether it's playing the horn with Joshua when Caleb's not around, or giving rides to Joshua, he's the best daddy. I'm so blessed to have him.
As for me, I'm learning to be a stay at home mom. Trying to decide what that looks like to me. I never experienced it growing up, and I'm realizing it's different for every family. I want to make it work. I like where we're heading, and I don't want to miss the todays as we get there. That's more of my reflecting, which I'll talk to you more about tomorrow, or in a couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment